The Köln FN Tandem accelerator produces light and heavy ion beams (Z < 30) from three kinds of ion sources:
- sputter source
- polarized source
The maximum terminal voltage is 10 MV, the maximum beam energy is about 120 MeV. Typical beam currents are in the range between 10 and 100 nA.
Also a pulsed beam is available (bunches of 2.5 ns length with frequencies up to 2.5 MHz).
Instrumentation for nuclear physics experiments
- Ge-array HORUS with beta decay slider for activation measurements (german)
- Plunger set-up for lifetime measurements (german)
- Double Orange conversion electron spectrometer
- PIXE installation with beam sweeper
- Multipurpose scattering chamber
- Particle-gamma coincidence set-up
- Two beamlines for temporary set-up