BCGS Intensive Week Course:
Electronics for Nuclear Physics - Hands-on
IKP, Cologne, 28.March - 1.April 2011
General Information:The Intensive week has introduced the basics of nuclear electronics such as characteristics of signals, electronics for energy and time spectroscopy, logic and coincidence schemes, digital electronics and others.
Special attention was given to practical application, i.e. including types, properties and setting up of electronic modules used in nuclear physics experiments.
Students were able to test the learned in the lectures by setting up and adjusting the analog and digital electronics of basic demonstrations and simple experiments.
Time and Place:
- 28.March - 1.April 2011, seminar room IKP and practical lab rooms
- Mo - Th 10:00 - 12:00, 14:00 - 17:00
- Fr 9:00 - 12:00, 14:00 - 16:00
Here is a group photo from the Intensive week:
More photos in reduced quality are available here (last update 8.04.2011)
Lecturers (IKP, University of Cologne):
- Dipl.-Ing. Christoph Görgen (Monday)
- Dr. Christoph Fransen (Tuesday)
- Dr. Andrey Blazhev (Wednesday)
- Dr. Gheorghe Pascovici (Thursday)
- Dr. Nigel Warr (Friday)